Thursday, 28 March 2013

March Counterfeit Kit Projects

My March Counterfeit Kit has been languishing in it's box all month long. Not because I didn't like it - in fact I love it for it's bright happy colours, and my handmade embellishments! But March has been busy with illness and birthdays, and I had other crafty projects to make for deadlines, so my poor kit was feeling neglected.

Not anymore though! Over the last couple of days I've made a layout and a couple of cards, and I'm working on some more. So though it's taken me a while to get to it, I know I'm going to get a lot of use from it eventually!

Here's the layout - Moments:


I chose soft colours for this page about my Dad walking me down the aisle on my wedding day. I like the coral colour in the patterned papers - it's not quite so girly as pink but still has a romantic feel. 

I used the Pink Paislee 'moments' word for my title, though I still haven't completely decided whether to put another word before this so it says 'nervous moments' or 'sweet moments' or something like that - what do you think? I couldn't choose what other word to use as their were so many emotions going through me at the time!


There's a cluster of embellies below my journaling - I used the key to symbolise that my future was becoming 'unlocked', my fimo feather was the perfect colour, and I love the heart button which is pale but pearly. I stuck these all on with glossy accents:


I'm happy with the dreamy feel to the page!

Here are the cards I've finished so far...

Believe You're Awesome:


A pretty card to cheer up a friend. I heat embossed a chipboard butterfly with white embossing powder - thanks Sarah for lending it to me! And I added some little pink gems to the wings, so it looks nice and sparkly.

For You: 


I just had to use this cute owl on something! This card would make me smile so much if it came through my door - I just adore cute owl designs. Plus the yellow is so cheerful. I can't wait to send it out to someone! 

Can you see the little heart stamp? It's from the Maya Road 'You Are' Stamp set in my kit - I used it on my layout too. I am going to be using this heart all over the place - it stamps so clearly and is a sweet finishing touch!

Have you been making any projects that make you feel happy lately? x

22 comments:

Izzy Anderson said...

I love your sweet page. Precious photo. Love your design. Lovely cards too.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful projects, Jennifer! Everything is so soft and pretty!

Fleursbydesign said...

Lovely projects, so pretty :)

Danielle said...

Beautiful layout and cards!! Love that photo of you and your dad and the colors you used for that layout.

Sue Althouse said...

These are all wonderful projects, such a happy use of color!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your cards are so pretty and your layout is just awesome!! love the whole design

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Such a lovely page!
and pretty cards :)

CorinaT said...

So happy to see you using your kit :o) I love your wedding layout. And I have that same butterfly in my kit this month but wasn't sure how to use it....thanks!!

LauraB whosthischick said...

The cards are great. I love that layout. I would not have chosen that background paper but it is truly perfect

Meghann said...

I saw these projects last night & just had to comment! They are all beautiful! I especially love your wedding layout!

Mel said...

Love that layout and the coloured papers. I think that moments works on its own, but anxious or emotional would work too!

Louise said...

oooh your wedding layout is beautiful. The pink on black is really striking. Great cards too x

Becky said...

A beautiful layout and I love the owl card too :-)

Sarah said...

Love the "Moments" page - the colour combo is gorgeous! I actually think the title is fine as it is - but if you want to add something how about "Special"?
The cards are loevly - the embossed butterfly turned out beautifully and having seen it in real life I know how gorgeous the card is!! x

Alison said...

Beautiful layout and pretty cards...the little heart stamp is really elective!
Alison xx

glorygirl said...

GORGEOUS layout!!!! Love that precious pic and the beautiful colors on your page, especially the butterfly! Your cards are pretty wonderful, too!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

GORGEOUS work!!! I especially love the owl card and that cute brad through the flower!

Kelly Shults said...

So much loveliness! :) I love all your projects! I have a weakness for owls...sigh. LOVE this card! Also, your wedding layout is gorgeous.. as is the photo!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Jennifer,
This is just beautiful! You have such a good eye for colors. I love this palette.
Rinda

alexa said...

I love it with just Moments, myself - it can convey such a lot ... The coral and soft aqua is such a pretty combination with the black and white. I can see you are going to get real value out of this kit!

Lisa said...

such a lovely romantic layout - love the build up of papers and the little symbolic cluster. I like the idea of adding a second word to the title but I can see that you have lots of advice about that before me! your cards are equally lovely - these are really going to brighten someone's day. just wonderful

Brian Cailsey said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I am happy to find your website and can join to comment
I think is very valuable to be able to read your writing, and on this occasion will I use for my reference source
Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you continue to write spirit next topic
bbm windows phone harga galaxy s5 harga nokia x harga asus zenfone harga lenovo golden warrior s8 harga philips w6618 obat kuat vimax semarang harga hp terbaru


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...