Sunday 18 November 2012

'Snow is Too Cold' Layout

(This post is part of my Frosty Festivities Blog Event)

I don't often do Double-Page layouts, but every now and then there's a few photos that I want to use in a large size without hiding them, and I have a longer story to tell. That happened here:


This was my daughter's first experience of real snow, and she wasn't too sure about it, which shows in her expression:


The journaling reads:

"We don't get snow this deep at home, so this visit to granny's was your first walk through proper snow. We wrapped you up warm (you wore Auntie Katy's hat) but you still weren't sure - you kept saying 'it's too cold'! You didn't like touching it to build a snowman, and we had to carry you over a lot of drifts as you didn't like the crunch underfoot!

You like snow a lot more now, but I will never forget your confused little face from that chilly January day!"

We kept trying to coax Little Miss to play more in the snow, but she wasn't budging:


I brought the pages together by using 2" punched circles down an edge on each, and slanting some washi tape across them both to draw your eye across the page:


Be Inspired:
  • Slant some washi tape or patterned paper across the top or bottom of a page or card
  • Use a line of punched circles or other shapes
  • Make a project in a larger size than you usually would


Don't forget that a comment on this post, or on any of my posts from this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED} - but only if you've registered your interest in winning that here!

Do you make many double page layouts? I'll see you again, right here, in an hour! x

24 comments:

Jackie said...

Super layout!! I remember youngest grandson didn't like the snow when he first saw it....my layout then was titled 'Sno' Fun'!! LOL

Scrapdolly said...

I lke the repeated circles in this page - another idea I will use.
I may not get to see any more of your posts but you have really inspired me this weekend.
Thank you

Lesley G said...

My DD hated the snow when she was little as the snow would pour into her wellies, she can't get enough of the white stuff now though but I think that's in the hope that school will be closed if it snows!!

Jane said...

I don't make many DLO's but occasionally the story and photos make me have a go!

humel said...

Doubles are rare for me, too, though they're great occasionally when a single would be overwhelmed by the number of photos or amount of story :) Love how you've linked your 2 pages together!

To boldly polish said...

How adorable! That cute and confused little face!

By the way, now that you've drawn my attention to it, I'm loving your use of circles.

Lea Lacoste said...

your daughter is the cutest ^^. i'm not very confortable either with double pages, love what you did

Zahra said...

I love the circles and also the little embellishments dotted around. Have enjoyed following your blog this weekend, will definitely try to get crafty this week!

furrypig said...

what a fantastic story I love your daughter's facial expression! I have such a huge list of ideas I am not sure I will ever get through them all!

Marilize said...

What a fantastic layout adn I love how you captured her reluctance to snow - hahaha.

I do not scrapbook myself - I'm more of a cardmaker and can see how the elements you used on the page can eaily translate to a card.

Dawn said...

I love the layout, I don't often make double page layouts but do agree that sometimes you have lots of photos that need to go together!

KraftyKaren said...

Awww bless her - she looks just like me in the snow!! Fab double layout!!

Annie Claxton said...

bless her! I have a picture of my cat making the same face the first time he experienced snow - like "are you crazy?! this cold wet stuff is meant to be fun?!" Love the page and great idea with the washi tape :o)

Sandie said...

I love double page layouts - they are useful for some projects. Your daughter does look unsure about the snow!

Julie Baswell said...

That's so sweet. You sure can set the scene. Like the circles on there.

scrappymo! said...

So cute! The expresseion on her face is priceless...
Bet she loves the crunch of snow under foot now!

Julie H said...

Your daughter's face is priceless! Love how effective the circles look on this page.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the circles on the layout and those photos are priceless! I used to do double layouts exclusively, but they are definitely in the minority now....just depends on the story as in here....sometimes I just have too many photos...

Margie said...

This is so pretty! Lovely layout!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Just precious! What a great memory to capture.
Rinda

Lisa-Jane said...

Actually I agree with her! Snow would be much more fun if it wasn't so cold and wet!

Karen said...

I'm another one who's not a fan of the cold. What an adorable little girl with the cutest of coats! My ratio of double page spreads is probably 1:4--it just depends on how many photos I want to include.

dogmatix said...

That is such a cute photo of Little Miss. I don't do double spreads often but they are great for the larger story :-)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

My girls aren't that bothered about snow. They love the thought of it and then only last about 5 mins when they get outside.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...