Thursday 30 August 2012

Us ~ Crate Paper Layout

Here's another layout using a photo from My 30th Birthday Party. I used lots of Crate Paper for this page - bits from all different collections, including brads from the Little Bo Peep collection:


I was inspired to layer up the punched circles by this layout of Lisa-Jane's, though mine aren't scalloped! 

The central pale section (a sheet of 'Peppermint' paper) is all mounted on 3D foam tape, so that the negative cut title, and the hearts (all cut using the Basic Shapes Design Card with a Slice Design Cutter) show up really well. The heart spaces also have a smaller heart inside them, with gold thread stitched down the centre, so they stand out from the page:


And of course the page includes my usual scattering of small bits and pieces!


It's nice to have made a page featuring just me and my hubby, there aren't enough photos of just the two of us.

I'm liking using gold thread on my pages at the moment. The gold trend is one I'm certainly embracing, which surprises me, as I'm usually a silver girl! x

7 comments:

alexa said...

Splendidly colourful - and I love those fringed banners hanging behind you both. Did you make them?

Sian said...

You both look really happy!

Yes, gold is really growing on me too.

Alison said...

Great LO..and lovely journalling!!
Alison xx

Lou said...

i'm trying to rectify the layout with hubby situation - I don't do enough!

Super page!

Lea said...

LOL, what a great photo, and such sweet journaling. Love what you did withthe hearts!

Lisa-Jane said...

Those hearts look great! Thanks for the shout out.

Carin McDonough said...

Lovely layout, I love that you raised the paper and then added the hearts into the cut outs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...