Sunday 13 November 2011

My JYC album 2011

Last year I signed up to Journal Your Christmas, an online class with Shimelle Laine. I didn't end up joining in with it last year, because I was pregnant and exhausted! But this year I'm already preparing my album, so I ought to be able to keep up with it. If you're already prepping a JYC album then link it up to this challenge, as part of Shimelle's Christmas crafting weekend.

I'm trying to just use up old Christmas supplies this year, as I had so many I thought I shouldn't buy any more until I'd made a dent in them! So for my album I'm using this 8x8 scrapbook album by Trimcraft that I bought a few years ago:


And, inspired by Daphne's LSNED album (here) I'm doing my pages as 8" tall by 4" wide. I just need to stitch up the middle of my page protectors. I've cut an array of patterned papers to this size:


So I'm all ready to slot them in! Next I'm going to make some numbers, and collect some stickers / chips / journal spots to match the various pages, and slot them into the right page protectors, so the pages should be nice and quick to make each day. I'm going to use my Ipod Touch to take photos for it like I did for my LSNED album, as it worked well for me.

I'll be back with a couple of Christmas cards later. I'm glad to be getting the Christmas crafting started! x

5 comments:

Daphne said...

Hey Jennifer! Your album looks fab already! 8 x 4" is a great size! I finished my LSNED - but haven't had time to take the pictures.... can't wait to see your pages in December! xxx

Sarah said...

Wow!! So organised for jyc already! 8 x 4 would be a great size, manageable but enough space for photos & journalling! x

Bubbles said...

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses... and you're so organised about it - well done you!

alexa said...

Brilliant to be so organised so early - this looks like it's going to be creatively great fun.

Lisa-Jane said...

Hey, that's an interesting size. Great for mixing things up but not having to buy a new album or protectors - win win! Can't wait to see it in action.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...