Sunday 21 August 2011

Chopping Paper and Butterfly Challenges

Hello Hello!

I've been working on a couple more layouts for Shimelle's challenges from last weekend's online crop. The first one I have to show you is using my favourite photo at the moment, of my two cute kiddies:


This is for the 'Chop Your Paper' challenge, to create a layout that is embellished with paper rather than fancy scrapbook embellishments. The papers I cut up were these:

72 & Sunny Woodlands Glitter by WRMK
Dollhouse Sweet Things Flat Paper by Brenda Walton



The papers were fun to cut up. When I first started scrapbooking I used to cut up papers to embellish a page a lot more often (before I had so much stash!) I shall have to remember to do it again from time to time! It helped that the animal paper already had glitter on it. The only thing I added was some pink gems to the flower centres:

 

I think the page ended up bright, fun, and cute, just like the photo!

The next layout is for the 'Bingo Cards and Butterflies' challenge, to use this layout of Shimelle's as inspiration:


Even though I didn't have any of the supplies that Shimelle used, I've still ended up with a similar layout:


I really loved the oversized butterfly on Shimelle's layout, so I made my own by hand-cutting the shape from blank chipboard, covering it with yellow spotted paper, and edging with black pen:


I also cut a few words from a book to echo the photobooth pictures:


The photos were taken using this app for my Ipod Touch. The main reason I wanted an Ipod was for the photo apps and I'm loving them!

Hope you'll all have a chance to play, laugh, and smile today! x

8 comments:

Sian said...

Jennifer, those are both fantastic. That first one has the cutest picture I've seen in a long time and you could probably guess how much I love the colours in the second!

I hope you have a great Sunday too

Alison said...

You really rocked these challenges Jennifer....Love the colours in both!
Alison xx

Clair said...

A couple of awesome layouts - isn't it great to be inspired?

debs14 said...

Love those photo booth photos - takes me back to my youth!
Lovely layouts and what gorgeous children you have.

alexa said...

Such a sweet photo and page! The 'ahh' factor is huge. :) And love that giant butterfly ...

Lizzie said...

The butterfly page is fun and definitely quite like Shimelle's. But I really love the "Chop your Paper" page - so colourful, cheerful & happy!

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely layouts and what a gorgeous pic of your little people! Did you find the cutting out as therapeutic as I did?

Jo said...

Wow, lovely layouts. Looking forward to seeing what you do for LSNED :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...