Tuesday 31 May 2011

Country Vintage Projects

I took one Country Vintage Kit:


And used the embellishments on a cushion, a layout, and a brooch.

The cushion is a warm-looking stuffed cushion to sit on my blue sofa and make people feel at home:


I made it using two pieces of fabric approx 9" square, the front piece is hessian/linen type fabric, the back piece is grey felt:


I embroidered the word 'home' using backstitch and cream wool:


And once I'd sewn the rest of the embellishments I wanted onto the front, I sewed the cushion right-sides together, leaving a 3.5" gap to pull it right-side out, and to push the stuffing in:


The 7" fabric strip was ironed on with bondaweb and then machine zig-zag stitched over, everything else is sewn on by hand:


Here's my layout, about visiting Gold Hill in Shaftesbury (the location of this hovis advert if you're interested!):

Background Paper = Basic Grey 'Phoebe', Photo Mat Paper =  DCWV 'Once Upon a Time',
Gold Outline Stickers = Anita's, Pink Alphas = Papermania,
Journaling Spot = We R Memory Keepers 'Tiffany's', Kraft Flower with button = homemade,
Everything Else from Country Vintage Embellishment Kit

My daughter just had to go down the hill and back up again, so of course me and her grampa had to as well!

I cut five 2" pieces from the vintage fabric strip in the kit, sewed them to the centre of the flower
at the same time as the button, and then glued the fabric pieces to the layout using Copydex.








.
Finally I used the bits left in the kit to make this brooch, adding a quirky button I bought in a haberdashers:


The brooch was made by taking a strip of the white lace trip (approx 11" long), and stitching a loose running stitch along one edge:


Then pulling it all together until it formed a flower shape. Once it was the right shape I sewed the two ends of the lace together to hold it in place:


Then I just had to sew the lace, crochet flower, and button onto a brooch back:


And attach it to my handbag!:


What do you think of the Country Vintage Kit? What would you make with it? This, and some other style kits, are now available in my Etsy Shop! 

Check back tomorrow for a blog hop:


I'm very excited about it! xxx

3 comments:

Daphne said...

Ah, Gold Hill in Shaftesbury! I live just about 7 miles outside and haven't seen that hill at all! What a shame! Next time I'm in Shaftesbury I will have a look! Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Clair said...

Love the brooch you made - it looks fabulous on your bag!

Lea said...

Wow, your creative mojo is going full force! Love the pillow and the brooch oh and that picture of your dd is so sweet! Love how you did the title in that layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...