Wednesday 19 May 2010

pocket-sized plans and some Q & A's

Yay, I've finally got a slideshow of my layouts sorted, you can see it on the right hand side of my blog. Okay, I admit at the moment it only has 6 layouts in it, but at least it's started! I can tick off one plan. My only goal this week is to peel all the wallpaper off my dining room wall - we're decorating next week! Here's a 'before' photo of the room, I'll show you the 'after pic when it's done!



I was really chuffed this week to have been tagged on two people's blogs. The fabulous Meghann asked me to join in a little Q&A session, and then I was suprised to find out the brilliant Laura had also asked me to take part! Both ladies have great blogs on scrapbooking, fabulous bargains they've bought, and various other entertaining subjects, so if you haven't seen their blogs before, go take a look!

Here's my answers to Meghann's questions:

1. If you could own any car, regardless of cost, what would it be?
I can't drive yet, but I know my dream car would be bright yellow!

2. If you could spend an hour with any person in the world, living or dead, who would you spend it with?
C.S. Lewis. The Chronicles of Narnia have been my favourite books since I was about 7. They are one of the reasons I love to read, and they inspired me to write my own fantasy story. I'd love to chat to him about the stories, and about his friendship with J.R.R. Tolkien.

3. What color is your living room?
Cream and Red.

4. What vacations/trips do you have planned for the summer?
We're hoping to go camping in South Wales- near Tenby, and then to stay in a hotel near Swansea for a couple of nights.

5. What is your favorite flower?
Daisies.

6. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate.

7. What person do you think knows you best in the world?
My husband Alex, closely followed by my best friend Rosie.

8. Do you have a laid-back or keyed-up personality?
That's a hard one, I'd like to say laid back but I think I'm pretty keyed up these days. I suppose it depends on the situation.

9. What goal do you want to accomplish this year?
To learn to drive.

10. What is the best photo you've ever taken? If you can, share it!
This was a hard one! I have so many photos that I love, mostly because of the people or places in them. I'm going for this one though, as I think it captures my daughter's spirit really well:
 
 
Here's my answers to Laura's questions:

1. If you could only every eat crisps or chocolate ever again, which would you pick?
Crisps. In fact this question has prompted me to eat some right now - cheddar and onion McCoys (my favourite!)


2. What are you most proud of?
My daughter.

3. Do you have any weird phobias?
I'm scared off moths, is that wierd? Probably. I don't like it when they fly, especially when they fly at me!

4. Which teacher inspired you most at school?
I don't have one that I can single out. I had quite a few that I remember for various reasons, but not one that particularly influenced me.

5. Which Friends character are you most like?
I would say Phoebe, my husband says I'm more like Monica! I guess I do like things tidy, and I love to cook, so that's fair enough.

6. If you could be a super hero, what would your powers be?
I'd be able to fly.

7. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. Especially when I write with a cartridge pen with blue ink.

8. What has been the best Christmas present you ever recieved?
A Commodore Amiga 500. It was a joint present with my brother when I was about eleven, we had hours of fun playing Lemmings and Captain Planet! I knew it was hard for my mum and dad to save up for it, and we really appreciated it.

9. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. It gives you an excuse to snuggle.

10. Are you still watching Lost? And if so... do you have a clue what is going on????
I gave up around series 3. I might watch them all when it's completely finished!

Hope you found that interesting! Now, as I understand it, I need to set some questions and tag a few people to answer them. My questions are:

1. Do you blog on a laptop or desktop?

2. If someone offered to buy you a plane ticket to visit a country you've never been to before, where would you go? (I'm not offering though - sorry!)

3. What do you most like to cook from scratch?

4. Which animated movie is your favourite?

5. What craft project / scrapbook layout etc are you most proud of? (Share a photo if possible!)

6. Do you still have a teddy bear / soft toy that you love? If so what's it's name?

7. What's your favourite online store? (Does not need to be craft related but can be!)

8. What's your earliest memory?

9. Picnic or posh restaurant - which would you choose right now?

10. What have you done recently to make someone else feel happy? (Can be as simple as listening when they wanted to talk).

Here's the people I'm inviting to play along. They all have great blogs which I love to read, so make sure you check them out!

Clair, Deb, Debbie, Rachel, Rosie, Sian.

Now I'm going to make someone else feel happy, by playing with my daughter instead of blogging! x

3 comments:

Sian said...

Ooh, thanks Jennifer! You've come up with a great set of questions for us too.

I'm a crisps person too. I'd choose them over chocolate every time.

Laura said...

oh mai

We had the captain planet game too!!! wow! that brought back some memories!

L x

Meghann Andrew said...

This is so awesome! You can learn so much about someone this way. Thanks for playing along with my questions. P.S. I didn't drive while I was living in the UK. I couldn't master the manual transmission!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...